DFE Soft Start is an affordable solution for replacing the star-triangle switch or for new construction in cases where a robust and easy-to-use application for starting electric motors is required. With an internal bypass, it does not require additional external contactors. An external 24V DC source is required for operation. Without energy optimization, it eliminates high switching currents that are characteristic of star-triangle switches (longer life).
OBSOLETE - obsolete product, check Agility series or use product selektor.
Fairford have 4 different classes to choose the right softstarter for motor application:
- Soft start (trip class 2): 3x FLC for 5s
- Standard start (trip class 10): 3x FLC for 23s/ 3.5x FLC for 17s
- Middle heavy start (trip class 20): 4x FLC for 19s
- Heavy start (trip class 30): 4x FLC for 29s
Typical representatives of each class are:
- Easy start: Compressors, mixers and conveyor belts that start unloaded (standard load is available if load is possible)
- Standard start: Fans (low inertia), pumps, partial compressors,…
- Moderate start-up: compressors, larger fans, heavy conveyor belts,…
- Hard start: mills, crushers,…